Monday, August 11, 2014

back to school outfits

It's here! The first day of school is this week and the jitters are starting to set in. How much homework will I have? Will my teachers be strict? Who will I sit with at lunch? But the biggest worry is what in the world do I wear??!? Well, I have put together some of my favorite outfits that I think are adorable for the first day of school. I just mixed and matched some pieces that I already had sitting around in my closet. I also tried to make sure 95% of these clothes were under $20! It's fun to explore your style and put together outfits that you feel good in. You wanna make a good impression on the first day back because we all know by the time September rolls around everyone is going to be rocking the sweatpants and t-shirt life!

This outfit is a little boho-y and super comfy too! I always get cold sitting in class when the AC is blasting so I always make sure to have something I can put over my bare shoulders. Cardigans are also great to go over your favorite tank top when it's against the dress code.
Skirt : Target // Cardigan : Forever 21 // Tank top : Old Navy // Necklace : Forever 21 // Backpack : Target
 This outfit is my preppy, pop your color look! I just threw this knit sweater over a denim dress and of course had to pair it with a statement necklace and my favorite TOMS!
Denim dress : Forever 21 // Sweater : H&M // Necklace : Target
 
 This outfit is a lot more relaxed and casual for those of you who aren't really into skirts and dresses. I love to mix and match prints so I went with a floral headband and striped baseball tee. Also, IN LOVE with this Vera Bradley lunch tote that I found at the VB outlet store! 
Jeans : American Eagle // T-shirt : Forever 21 // Headband : Forever 21 // Birkenstocks : Nordstrom Rack 

Okay, for all of you who know me I LOVE polka dots, so this is clearly my favorite outfit out of the 4. These shorts are seriously the most comfortable shorts I have ever owned, they're basically like pajama shorts but not!
Shorts : Forever 21 // T-shirt : Old Navy // Cardigan : Forever 21 // Shoes : Target // Backpack : Target

Best wishes to everyone starting their school year this week, make it your best yet!!
xoxo

1 comment: